May 24 Grocery Contest
Contest starts: 12:00 PM ET on April 30th, 2017 on Facebook.com/wagjag
Share one of our Grocery offers from wagjag.com/may24 and tag WagJag’s Facebook page for the chance to win 1 of 4 $25 WagJag Grocery Electronic Promo Codes. Please make sure that the post visibility is set to public!
1. Agreement: These rules govern the “MAY24 Grocery” Contest (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding on all entrants.
2. Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is WagJag.com, a division of Metroland Media Group Ltd. (the “Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals who have attained the age of 18 as of the start of the Contest Period and reside in any province or territory of Canada. The Contest is not open to residence of the province of Quebec. The Contest is not open to employees, immediate families (ie. spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsor or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, or fulfillment houses. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries, as applicable, will not be accepted and will be disqualified. There is no fee to enter the Contest. No purchase is necessary. Limit of one (1) entry per person.
4. Contest: The Contest Period begins at 12:00 pm ET on May 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on May 12, 2017 (the “Entry Period”).
5. How to Enter: To enter, go online to www.facebook.com/wagjag, and share one of your favourite grocery offers found at www.wagjag.com/may24. Make sure that you tag WagJag in your post. Alternately, you send an email detailing why you love the particular grocery offer in 100 words or less to email@example.com, with the subject line “May24 Grocery Contest”, and include your name, valid e-mail address, and phone number as required for valid entry (“Email Entry”). Each entrant shall be permitted to use only one (1) email address to enter the Contest. Each validly submitted Facebook Entry or Email Entry will grant the entrant one (1) entry for participation in the draw.
6. Winner Selection: Two (2) selected entrants will be chosen by random draw from among all eligible entries received during such Entry Period at 1:00pm ET on May 8, 2017 (the “First Draw Date”). Two (2) additional entrants will be chosen by random from all eligible entries received during such Entry Period at 1:00pm ET on May 15, 2017 (the “Second Draw Date”). The draw will take place at the WagJag.com office at 1 Yonge Street, 4th Floor, Toronto ON, M6E 1E6, at the time and date indicated above. The potential winners who entered with an Entry Email will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor via telephone or email; potential winners who entered with a Facebook Entry will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor via Facebook message to the user account that submitted the selected Facebook Entry. Any potential winner must reply to each contact within 24 hours to maintain eligibility. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact or incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, each potential winner must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
7. Prize: There are a total of four (4) grand prizes consisting of a $25.00 CDN WagJag Grocery Electronic promo-code. This promo-code will not hold a balance and must be used in one transaction. Approximate retail value of each grand prize is twenty-five dollars ($25.00) CDN. Promo-code will expire on July 31, 2017, at 11:59:59P.M. EST.
8. Prize Claim: The grand prizes will be sent via Facebook message by the Sponsor to Facebook account of the winner. If a potential winner does not claim the prize by responding to the Facebook message within 24 hours of notification, another eligible entrant will be selected and contacted and the first selected entrant will have no further claim to the prize. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, delayed or unclaimed prizes. If the winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem the prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited and no cash or substitute will be provided in whole or in part.
9. Release, License to Use Copyright and Waiver of Moral Rights: By entering the Contest and/or accepting the Prize, each entrant irrevocably:
o authorizes the Sponsor to use his or her Contest entry and information, including without limitation his or her name, city and province/territory of residence, photograph, image, picture, portrait, likeness, submission, and statements (together, “Material”) in connection with its businesses, including without limitation for this Contest or for general advertising and promotional purposes, in any and all forms of media now owned or hereafter invented, without further notice, review, approval, consent or compensation.
o grants Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free non-exclusive license to publish, use, reproduce, copy, display, distribute, edit or modify any entrant’s Material in connection with this Contest, other marketing and advertising purposes, or for any other reason or purpose, and each entrant waives any and all moral rights he/she may have in any Material submitted. Each entrant agrees to complete and sign all documents necessary to confirm the rights granted under these official rules.
o consents to the use of his or her Material in advertisements for the Sponsor including but not limited to advertisements in Sponsor’s publications, and to the posting of his or her Material online on Sponsor’s and each of its affiliates’ and related companies’ websites and in social media without any further notice, review, approval, consent or compensation. In addition, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that publishing Material in print and posting Material online brings that Material within public view, and none of the Released Parties will be held liable for any copying, reproducing, re-posting, or unlawful use of any published or posted Material, or any other injury, damage or loss to any entrant, nominee or any other person that may result.
o As a condition of being declared a winner and prior to being awarded the prize, each selected entrant will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (i) releasing the Released Parties (as defined below) from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize; (ii) confirming compliance with these Contest rules; and (iii) consenting to the use of his or her name and Material, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, the prize supplier and/or their respective advertising and promotional agencies. Each potential winner may also be required to sign confirmation and release forms from prize suppliers, their related parties and/or third party contractors. The signed form must be received by the Sponsor within 48 hours of notification or the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
10. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional and fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules; your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or any claim that your entry in the Contest or acceptance, use or exercise of any prize caused any type of damage to a third party.
11. Facebook Disclaimer and Release: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook, Inc. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify Facebook, Inc. and hold it harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest, or arising out of participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity, or the receipt, enjoyment, participation in, use or misuse, of any Contest or prize-related activity, whether hosted by Sponsor or a third party.
12. Privacy: We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting prize winners. This Contest is run in compliance with Sponsor’s privacy code, which may be found in full at http://www.metroland.com/privacy-policy/.
13. Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more than the permissible limit.
14. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. One prize per person. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected, or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage, injury or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on the part of any software or website, virus, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of: (i) the email address provided at the time of entry; (ii) or the Facebook page where the comment was posted or where the like is displayed. Authorized account holder is: (i) the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address; or (ii) has been assigned a valid Facebook page.